Men's Skin Care
Looking after your skin is important no matter who you are. But it can be a little confusing. Why are there different skin care products for men and women? How best can I care for my skin as a man? Here are the answers to your questions about men’s body care and skin care.
Choosing the Right Products
First things first, men’s skin is different from women’s skin. That’s down to hormones like testosterone. So it’s a great idea to use products that have been specifically formulated for men.
Did you know that men’s skin is typically oilier than women’s, and can be more prone to blemishes? Or that there’s more elastin and collagen in men’s skin, which is usually thicker and rougher than women’s skin? For these reasons (and more), specialist men’s body care and skincare products will offer more tailored help.
You can get even more detailed by picking products that work with your particular skin type, whether that’s dry, oily, combination, or normal. You can learn about this and much more when you delve into fascinating skin care facts.
Creating a Skin Care Regime
It’s not just the products that are important – it’s the way you use them, too. Creating a solid routine will help you keep your skin looking and feeling fresh. Follow these key steps each morning and evening.
Read More From Bellatory
- Cleanse. You don’t need an actual cleanser for this first step – a men’s face wash will do the job well, too. It’s essential to wash your face every morning when you get up and before you head to bed to remove dirt and pollutants.
- Exfoliate. You don't need to exfoliate on a daily basis – twice a week is a good guide. But exfoliation is a useful addition to your regime, as it helps to buff away dead skin cells that make your skin look dry, rough, and dull. You can use an exfoliating body scrub, too.
- Moisturize. If you only apply one product to your clean skin, make it a moisturizer. It helps to hydrate your skin and creates a protective barrier against environmental aggressors. Your skin will feel and look better thanks to this crucial step. Don’t forget to moisturize your body after you shower, too.
- Balm. If you shave, you’ll benefit from using a post-shave balm to help protect against redness, shaving rash, and dehydration. Before you shave, soften and dampen your facial hair by having a shower – the steam will make it much easier to shave. You might like to use pre-shave oil too.
- Night treatments. When you sleep, your body does a lot of repair work, so it’s the perfect time to help your skin with some specific night products. It’s also a good time to let skincare products work their magic because you won’t be disturbing those products while you’re sleeping. You might like to try an eye cream if you have puffy eyes or dark circles. Try a special night cream for deep rejuvenation!
Other Skin Tips
How Do You Know What Your Skin Type Is?
If you feel like your skin is tight, it's probably dry. On the other hand, if you notice a noticeable shine on the nose and forehead, then it's likely that your skin is normal or a combination. In addition to the forehead and nose, you probably have oily skin if you also discover shine on your cheeks.
The Importance of Facial Sunscreen
It's very important to use facial sunscreen every day since the facial skin is almost continuously exposed to the sun and UV rays directly. In addition, the thickness of the skin in this area of the body is thinner, which contributes to making it more fragile and vulnerable to solar radiation.
With these tips, you’ll find it easy to care for your skin as a man!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Lourdes Villalobos