Dark Skin Fade Cream Tips for Uneven Skin Tone
Avoid Turmeric and Fade Cream if You're Pregnant!
Turmeric as a lightener
Some black people use fade cream to even their skin tone. A high percent of black individuals may have a light-toned body and darker-toned skin on their face. Due to uneven skin tone, black individuals may want to make their face match the rest of their body. You need to know it's a work-in-progress doing daily regimens to lighten certain areas of the skin.
Turmeric powder is an ancient seasoning that Indians use on food and skin. This powder is not a fade cream, obviously, it's a safer alternative for brightening the skin. Turmeric is a natural way to lighten skin, it helps to slow down the production of melanin in the skin, it's important to use a turmeric powder mixture every night. If the face is the affect area that you want to brighten, it's easier to mix a dime size amount of turmeric with any product of your choice such as: Noxzema, Ponds cold cream, honey, coconut oil, or lemon juice. Apply to the face, leave on for 15-30 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Apply a sunscreen lotion daily to prevent melanin from producing. For best results, use turmeric on affected areas twice a day. This powder is great for acne prone skin as well, you will notice results quick, the acne symptoms will decrease.
If it takes about 6 months for results to begin showing when using fade creams, it may take 1 year or longer to notice results when brightening the skin the natural way using turmeric powder.
Melanin is a blessing from God, it's a gift, we are born with it. We can also work on on balancing the melanin so that areas of the skin aren't extremely different in color. People that don't have a drastic uneven skin situation, "this article isn't for you."
Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric in your lunch, dinner, salads, or smoothies, teas, and soup; daily to assist with brightening the skin tone. This will help brighten skin from the inside out. Turmeric can also be taken in capsules, as a supplement. Avoid turmeric if pregnant.
To Even Out Slight Differences
- If the skin tone on your face is only one or two shades different than the other parts of the body, then there's no need to bother with any fade cream.
- If the face is the area that is drastically darker than the neck and chest, use turmeric powder mixed with Noxzema as a lightener, apply every night before going to bed. Put a fair amount of Noxzema in the palm of your hand, and dab a dime size amount of turmeric. Rub the mixture into the face, let stay on the face for 15-30 minutes, and rinse with warm water. It's optional to wear gloves when applying the mix, because turmeric stains fingernails, clothes, and wash-rags.
- Also rubbing lemon juice on the face once or twice a week as a brightener is beneficial, and rinse with cool water.
- Always wear sun block lotion on affected areas before going outdoors, SPF 15 - 60.
- If the face is darker, women can make their face match the rest of their body with lighter-toned makeup foundation cream.
But makeup is a temporary fix for uneven skin tone and it's a quicker process.
Types of Discoloration and Outcomes
Black people that have an uneven skin color may notice discoloration on different body parts.
Some may notice that their elbows and knees are far darker than their arms and legs. In this case you may just want to apply the fade cream to the elbows and knees, not the arms and legs.
The purpose is to get the skin to nearly match in color, you don't have to be extreme with it. Again I say, "if you "do" have an even tone throughout your body, and you are an African American, this article is not for you."
Many black people, both men and women, have uneven skin tone. But there are skin care products that can help with making it even.
The most well-known skin products for brightening the skin are fade creams, Ambi soaps, and turmeric power.
Tanning vs. Fade Creams
There are two choices to maintain even skin from head-to-toe: get a sun tan on the light parts of the body to match the dark parts, or use a fade cream to even the dark parts to match the lighter parts of the body.
Sun tanning the lighter skin on your body to match a darker face may be a temporary fix, because the lighter skin may tan but turn light again in the winter.
Also, there are soaps that can assist with fading uneven skin as well, made by the same fade cream products.
- When using a fade cream, apply it to your face if your face is darker than the rest of your body.
- But apply a regular lotion to your face first, and then apply a thin layer of the cream.
- Avoid getting the cream near your eyes or in your mouth. For best results, use them at night before going to bed.
- Try leaving it on for about 15-25 minutes, and then wash it off with a mild facial soap. After that, apply a good moisturizer to your face such as shea butter, vitamin E lotion, aloe vera lotion, or cocoa butter.
Names of Fade Creams
During the hot summer seasons, use the "dry skin' fade cream, and in the winter seasons use the "oily skin" version.
This will help since skin tends to have its own natural oils in the hot summer seasons, and in the cold winter seasons, skin tends to become dryer.
There are many types of fade cream products to use, and they can be bought at pharmacies, department stores, beauty supply stores, and online.
- Ambi Fade Cream
- Palmer's Skin Success Fade Cream
- Black & White Bleaching Cream With Hydroquinone
- Nadinola Skin Discoloration Fade Cream
- Dr. Fred Summit Skin Whitener
- Porcelana Dark Spots Nighttime Treatment
- Esoterica Daytime Fade Cream
The fade creams are a milder formula than the skin whiteners and the skin bleaches. It's better to be patient when using fade creams, because there will be better results when doing this process slower.
You don't want to get lighter skin in a faster time because it could cause skin irritation and burning.
How to Use Them
Some people may have to get their doctor or dermatologist's permission before using a fade cream on their skin.
- When leaving a fade cream on for 15 - 25 minutes a day, you may begin to notice results within 3 - 6 months of using it.
- If you are noticing results that your skin is getting lighter and all of your skin is nearly even, you may now only want to use the fade cream twice a month.
- Using a fade cream twice a month is mainly a touch-up for maintaining an even complexion. Remember, it's better to use the creams at night to prevent UV rays from interfering with the lightening process.
- If your skin is not showing results of a nearly even tone complexion, then you may want to continue using the fade cream longer than six months.
- You may want to use the fade cream twice a day, and then wash it off with a mild facial soap such as Neutrogena transparent facial bar. Apply the fade cream each morning, and then wash it off.
- Later in the evening, 4 - 6 hours before going to bed, apply the fade cream again, leave it on for 15 - 25 minutes, and then wash with a mild facial soap such as Neutrogena or a Dove moisturizing bar.
- After that, apply a good moisturizer such vitamin E or an aloe vera cream.
Safety With Bleaching Agents
Some studies say that frequent use of hydroquinone, a bleaching agent in fade creams, can gradually cause signs of wrinkles, especially in people over 37 years of age.
This is why it's important to use SPF sunblock lotion before going outdoors, apply SPF 15-60 lotion on affected areas. Also, you should apply a very thin amount of oil on the face before using the face cream, which will prevent the cream from running into the eyes.
When using these creams, a small amount of facial cream may be applied each morning and again at night. Also, individuals over 37 may just need to avoid fade creams, and any skin products that contain hydroquinone. Instead use Turmeric powder mix as an exfoliant and lightener.
This can help prevent signs of premature aging. Seek for natural ways to even the skin-tone on your face, such as skin products like Noxzema, and mint facial mask. You can also make your own lemon facial masks recipes.
Lotions or oils to apply to the face after fade cream use include:
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Aloe vera cream
- Olive oil
- 100% cocoa butter
- Shea butter
- Jojoba oil
- Apricot oil
There are other products that can help with making the skin lighter, along with using a fade cream such as: Noxzema cream, mint julep face mask, and a baking soda (Arm and Hammer) as a gentle exfoliant.
Some African Americans may want to lighten other parts of their body, not just the face. But make sure to avoid getting the cream near the:
- Private parts
Sun Block and Side Effects
Another tip for maintaining an even skin tone is to use a good sunblock lotion, with SPF 15 or higher.
Using a bleaching cream may cause side effects. That's why it's better to ask your doctor before attempting to use a bleaching cream. Fade creams should not be used for ages 13 and under, unless prescribed by a doctor. And when using any fade cream make sure to keep it out of the reach of children.
If the cream is beginning to burn your skin, discontinue the use of it. One of the best facial cleansers for sensitive skin is Cetaphil. Make sure to wash your face gently to avoid any irritation or burning.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid using any fade cream products.
When You Will See Results
Some African Americans may notice results from using a fade cream within 3 - 6 months, and some may notice results within 7 - 12 months. It's important to not get addicted to using fade creams, and to not use them excessively.
There has to be balance in everything in life, and skin products like fade creams should be used in moderation. Avoid having Michael Jackson pale-skin syndrome.
The Best Cream
Ambi fade cream is one of the best fade creams. It's not harsh like other creams and contains vitamin E, sunscreen, and Alpha Hydroxy.
Its active ingredients are 2% hydroquinone and 2% octinoxate. Ambi also comes in three formulas for skin that's dry, oily, and normal.
- It's best to use the dry skin formula during the cold winter weather to prevent your skin from getting dryer as it lightens.
- Use the oily skin formula during the hot summer weather to prevent your skin from being oily.
- If your skin is not oily or dry, then use Ambi normal skin formula. Also, Ambi doesn't smell bad compared to other fade creams. It has a slight perfume smell.
Remember, if any cream causes skin irritation or burning, discontinue using it. It would also be a good idea to visit a dermatologist for further advice on using certain creams if you're concerned about particular discolorations of your body. You may ask for a prescription for a fade cream if the dermatologist can write a prescription.
Also remember that "Black is Beautiful."
Meladerm is a Fade Cream That Doesn't Contain Hydroquinone.
Fade Cream Use Poll
Have You Used Any Types of Fade Cream Before?
© 2012 Ann810