Lip Scrub Recipe to Recondition Dry Lips
Reconditioning Dry Lips ~
Having dry skin is not a pleasant feeling but dry lips or chapped lips feel ten times worse. Our lips are often neglected when it comes to skin care routines.
We all know about or use face scrubs or body scrubs but why use a lip scrub?
Whether we wear lipsticks, lip gloss or any other lip product is irrelevant.
Reconditioned Lips After a Scrub
Lucious Lovely Lips
Why Scrub The Lips?
Our lips need to be kept free of dead skin cells and flakiness by using a lip scrub which will keep our puckers soft smooth and well moisturized.
Homemade recipes for lip scrubs or lip polishes are ultra easy using very few easily found ingredients in most kitchen cupboards.
As our lips are not exactly big, you do not need to use large quantities of product.
Natural, chemical free scrubs work so well why would you go to the expense of purchasing commercial brands?
As in all DIY cosmetic products, organic ingredients are the best option if possible to use to be totally sure of it being chemical free.
The beauty with this recipe is that the ingredients may be used in other homemade skin care products so you are being cost effective and looking after all your beauty needs in one go.
Luscious lips, perfect puckers or sexy smackers are attainable for everyone by using a simple lip scrub that will transform your dry cracked or chapped lips forever!
Best Ingredients for Lip Scrub ~
Pure Coconut Oil - Besides tasting and smelling wonderful, coconut oil is a wonderful ingredient to use in homemade skin care products. It is a powerful natural moisturizer and it is high in fatty acids and skin beneficial antioxidants.
Brown Sugar – This acts as a fantastic natural skin exfolliator and may be used in many exfoliating recipes at home. It is highly effective at removing all the build up of dead skin cells whilst being gentle and not overly abrasive.
Honey - Honey is one of the most beneficial products to both health and skin care. It has amazing healing and cleansing properties which make it a great ingredient for dry chapped lips.
Sugar Lips Lip Scrub
Have you used a lip scrub before?
DIY Lip Scrub Sugar and Honey Recipe
Lip Scrub Recipe ~
1 tbsp coconut oil (pure solid form)
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp brown sugar
Small glass jar (recycled baby food jar is ideal or small jam jar)
- Add a good tablespoon of coconut oil to your bowl. The coconut should be soft enough to take a spoonful out but still solid. If it is too solid put it into the sink with hot water for 5-10 minutes to soften. If the oil is very sticky, pop it into the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
- Add the honey to the bowl and mix together well. Make sure there are no lumps in the coconut by mashing up with a fork if necessary. The consistency of the mixture should be thick like honeycomb honey.
- Add the brown sugar and fold it in to the mixture base until fully coated and evenly combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of just the coconut oil from its original container as this will help smooth out the texture of the scrub and make it extra moisturizing.
- Transfer the scrub into your jar.
- If you are not using immediately, store your lip scrub in the fridge where it will last up to 2 weeks. Make sure to remove it 10 minutes before use to soften it up a bit.
Looking for a unique gift idea? This is a great gift to give someone as many of us forget about our lips. If you fancy making up a batch double the recipe. The small jars look cute and you could even add a little label with the recipe so the recipient can make their own.
- Remove any lip color and make sure the lips and surrounding area is clean.
- Slightly dampen the lips and lip area with water using the fingers.
- Relax the lips and keep closed. Apply a small amount of sugar scrub to the lips in small circular movements, moving across them gently for a few minutes.
- Remove with a warm face cloth.
- Splash the lips with cold water and pat dry.
- Apply a lip balm, moisturizer or even a tiny drop of olive oil to lock in moisture onto your soft, smooth supple lips!