DIY Mango Face Mask Recipes for Beautiful Skin
Mango, also known as the king of fruits, is jam packed with powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants that will give your skin the nourishing boost it needs. Give your skin a royal beauty treatment with the king of fruits! Applying mango pulp to skin will revitalize and rejuvenate it as well as lock moisture into dry skin cells. Mangoes are full of beta carotene, which gives them their beautiful orange color, b-vitamins and vitamin c which all promote skin elasticity and slow down skin aging.
What makes mango beneficial to skin?
Here's a list of nutrients found in mango and their benefits for skin:
Benefit for Skin
Hydrating and moisturizing. Rejuvenates dull skin. Good for dry and combination skin. Heals dry peeling skin.
Slow down the aging process of skin. Fight off free radicals that cause fine lines and damage to healthy skin cells.
Alpha hydroxy Acids
Natural fruit acids that help break bonds between dead cells, softening them for easy removal.
Helps build up collagen and maintain skin tautness and elasticity.
Has hydraring properties. Waters dry skin and keeps it soft smooth and supple.
1. Nourshing Avocado-Mango Face Mask
Coupled with other natural facial goodies, this mango face mask will nourish skin of all types leaving it soft and supple! This mango face mask contains avocado and coconut oil, which are two amazing kitchen ingredients for supple youthful skin. Avocado which is a super food bursting with phytochemicals and antioxidants will hydrate and moisture skin as well as clear out blackheads and acne. Coconut oil will not only lubricate dry skin but also stave off acne. Here are the indepth benefits of these two ingredients for skin:
- Excess face mask mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When you're next going to use the face mask , allow it to reach room temperature first. If you're refridgerated face mask starts smelling weird, toss it in the trash.
- Use a ripe avocado and mango to make the face mask for easier mashing or blending. Freezing or thawing the fruits also makes it easier to mash into a pulp.
- If you're left with excess face mask mixture, go ahead and use it on your neck, hands, legs and cleavage before a shower for soft glowing skin.
- 1 tablespoon mango pulp
- 2 teaspoons pureed avocado
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
In a small mixing bowl, stir the above ingredients well until you get a consistent smooth mask.
Slather the mask onto your clean face in a circular motion. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
When the time is up, rinse off with cool water. Pat dry with a clean soft towel.
2. Hydrating Mango Face Mask
Much like avocado, banana and honey, mango contain a lot of moisture, which when applied topically, preserve moisture in skin cells, keeping them hydrated. If you suffer from dry skin or combination skin, try using this mango face mask recipe to hydrate your skin and make it look health and lustrous. This deep treating mango face mask uses honey, a natural humectant; yogurt, a nourishing superfood and mango pulp. Let's discover the benefits of honey and yogurt for skin:
Role in Face Mask
Natural humectant. Locks moisture into skin cells. Contains antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties that destroy acne causing bacteria. Soothes inflamed acne and skin inflammatory conditions. Gently moisturizes as well as exfoliates skin.
Packed with B-vitamins, lactic acid and zinc, yogurt nourishes, hydrates and moisturizes skin. Probiotic yogurt contains live cultures that kill off bad bacteria and other germs on skin's surface. Yogurt softens rough skin and reduces acne.
- When extracting the mango pulp, ensure that you do not add in any mango peel into your face mask mixture. Mango peel contains urushiol, an enzyme which may irritate skin.
- Use probiotic, plain unsweetened and unflavored yogurt for your skin. Greek yogurt can be used. Flavored and sweetened yogurt can cause skin irritations and even rashes.
- The honey used for this face mask should be raw honey. Make sure the honey you're going to use on your face is organic to avoid irritations.
- 1 tablespoon mango pulp
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients well.
Using clean fingertips, apply the mango face mask onto your clean face in a circular motion.
Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
When the face mask dries up completely, use a warm washcloth to remove it.
Rinse off with cold water. Pat dry with a soft towel.
3. Exfoliating Mango Face Mask
For smooth glowing skin, whip your mango pulp and ground oatmeal together to make an excellent exfoliating face mask. Oats have a mild abrasive texture which helps slough off dead cells from the skin's surface, moisturizing and softening skin. The mango pulp will smoothen rough skin and help fade skin discolorations and dark spots. Check out the indepth benefits of oatmeal for skin:
Role in Face Mask
Gentle exfoliator. Sloughs off dead cells from skin. A natural absorbent which soaks up excess sebum from skin, reducing oily skin. Promotes blood circulation when used as a face scrub which leads to healthy skin cells.
- Do facial steaming before applying the face mask to open up pores and allow the mango face mask to sink deep.
- Gather your hair away from your face into a ponytail and protect your hairline by wearing a headband.
- Wear an old t-shirt to prevent the mask from dripping onto your clothes.
- 1 tablespoon mango pulp
- 2 teaspoons ground oatmeal
Combine the above ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
Onto your clean face, gently slather the mixture in a circular motion.
Let the mango face mask penetrate deep into your pores.
When the time is up, rinse off with warm water first, then cold water to close off pores.
Looking for more Natural Ways to Treat your Skin?
- DIY: Egg White Face Mask Recipes for Beautiful Skin
Did you know that egg white is an incredibly rich, readily available face mask ingredient available right in your kitchen? Containing a host of skin boosting nutrients; protein, vitamins...read more
- DIY: Banana Face Mask Recipes For Radiant Skin
Banana is an incredibly powerful facial skin remedy that can give you glowing, young and smooth skin. Use these different banana face mask recipes for radiant, fair and beautiful skin.
- Homemade Beauty: Amazing Avocado Face Mask Recipes
If you knew the benefits of avocado for beauty, you'd rush out to get some on your face. Learn about avocado's amazing benefits & try out some avocado face mask recipes too!
- Easy Strawberry Face Mask Recipes to Make at Home
Did you know that strawberries are among the best natural ingredients to apply on your face? These strawberry face mask recipes are easy and can be made at home. Strawberries contain many nutrients!
- Orange Peels for Skin | Glowing Face Secrets
You can make amazing face masks with orange peels for skin! Get rid of acne, blackheads, pigmentation and whiten your skin with these orange peel beauty recipes. Find out more on orange peels for skin
- Homemade Honey Face Mask Recipes for Beautiful Skin
Looking for honey face mask recipes that you can make at home? I've shared 3 awesome honey face masks that actually work! Get to know the real benefits of honey for skin, and how you can make the most
More by this Author
The best of DIY homemade skin mask recipes for face and body. Get the easiest, quickest and most effective skin and face masks to invest your time in. We all deserve beautiful skin - naturally!
For beautiful, glowing skin, treat yourself to these true beauty secrets that have been used since ancient times. Use these turmeric face mask recipes to earn the most gorgeous skin you've ever had.
Did you know that egg white is an incredibly rich, readily available face mask ingredient available right in your kitchen?