Glow Peach Face Mask for Bright Beautiful Skin
I bought around 5 peaches yesterday and I ate them all - except for one. Why you ask? I had to save one to give my face a special peachy treat, of course! I'm all up for applying God-given fruits and natural stuff on my skin - after all, if you wouldn't eat it, why would you put it on your skin? Our skin is the largest organ in our bodies and it absorbs everything we put on it. Keeping this in mind, let's find out just how wonderful peaches are for our skin, and then, we can jump into this simple, fuss-free and refreshing peach face mask.
I'm calling this the Glow Peach face mask because once you wash it off, your skin will literally feel bright, light and glowing. You have to give it a try!
What makes Peach beneficial for skin?
It's time to Glow Peach! Not only do peaches look cute, they smell warm, fuzzy and energizing too! Lather on some peachy goodness on your face and you'll be smiling all the while you have it - I know I did! Let's have a look at just some of the wonderful nutrients in peaches that make it great for skin:
Nutrients in Peach
Benefits for skin
Replenishes uppermost layer of skin, actively prevent skin cancer, supports cell production and renewal in skin,
Strengthens skin's natural antioxidant system. Bolster's skin's UV defence. Improves skin hydration and photo-protection. Promotes skin elasticity. Fights against free radicals which cause premature aging. Increase the level of superficial lipids in skin.
A unique carotenoid that plays a pivotal role in preventing free radical damage to the skin.
Hydrates and moisturizes. Soothes and heals dry skin.
The most popular vitamin with regards to skin, known as 'the Protector', rejuvenates dull and tired skin, heals damaged skin, heals scar tissue, reduces blemishes
How to make a Peach Face Mask
Let's make this super simple hydrating and moisturizing peach face mask, that will leave your face feeling fresh, soft and renewed, as well as bright and glowing. Only 1 extra ingredients are required - yogurt. Let's take a look at the role yogurt in this peach face mask:
Benefit in face mask
This superfood contains lactic acid a powerful nutrient that smoothens out rough skin, moisturizes skin and nourishes dry withered skin. The zinc found in yogurt is beneficial in that it soothes inflammations caused by acne, thereby making them less visible. Applying yogurt on skin regularly also noticably diminishes dark spots and acne scars and brightens skin complexion.
What you need:
- 1/2 a mashed/ pureed peach
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
1. Collect the ingredients you need to make this peach face mask. Get 1/2 a peach and mash it up with a fork. Add plain unsweetened yogurt. Make sure your yogurt is at room temperature.
2. Mash your peach and yogurt together in a small bowl.
3. Your final mixture should look like this! Not too drippy and not too thick. Don't add any more yogurt because this will make the face mask drippy.
4. Using a clean face mask applicator brush, or clean finger tips, apply the face mask gently onto your face. Feel free to use up the whole mask by bringing the face mask down to your neck and cleavage area.
5. Leave your face mask on for 10 - 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel. You'll be amazed at how fresh and glowing your face looks! If you tried out this mask, please leave a comment below telling me how it worked out for you!
1. Use a ripe or over-ripe peach, which will be easier to mash up and allow for smoother application.
2. Allow this mask to sit on your face for at least 10 minutes. But if you have time, I suggest to leave it on for longer. The maximum amount of time to leave a face mask on is until it dries up completely.
3. Got left-over face mask left? Just stow it in the fridge and use it within 3 - 5 days.