3 Easy Strawberry Face Mask Recipes to Make at Home
Did you know that strawberries are one of the best natural products, manufactured by nature, to apply on your skin? They contain essential fruit acids (AHA's), including salicylic acid, which is commercially sold with success for acne treatment. So, why spend big bucks on acne treatment or any other artificial chemical product, when you can try out these incredibly easy strawberry face masks, right in your kitchen?! Hey, it doesn't hurt to try!
Strawberry Benefits for Skin
- Super loaded with vitamin C, alpha hydroxyl acids, salicylic acid, aspartic acid, ellagic acid, folate and fiber, the delicious strawberry can save your skin from many disorders including acne, blackheads, white heads, oily skin, dry skin and more.
- This conical shaped fruit is widely used in the cosmetic industry to create skin beauty products.
- Instead of using those chemical laden beauty products that even actually contain only a small percentage of strawberry, use mashed strawberries applied topically to your skin for naturally beautiful, soft supple skin.
Here's a table showing the most important nutrients found in this fruit for beautiful skin:
Protects skin cells from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Fights off acne and pimples.
Alpha hydroxyl Acids
Destroy free radicals that cause premature aging. Improve the appearence of aging skin. Lightens and fades age spots, acne scars and blemishes.
Fights acne and pimples. Fades acne scars and blemishes.
Antioxidant, heals damaged skin, promotes youthful skin.
Eliminates toxins that would otherwise be released as acne and pimples.
For cell regeneration and production of new cells.
1. Oil-Control Strawberry and Lemon
Coupled with lemon juice, this mask removes excess sebum on the skin's surface and cleanses skin pores from deep within. Lemon juice is a natural astringent and also helps fade acne scars and dark spots. The alpha hydroxyl acids in strawberries helps control oil production on the skin surface, keeping pimples and blackheads away.
Check out the benefits of the additional ingredient, lemon, in this face mask:
Natural astringent. It absorbs excess oils on skin's surface and deep within the pores. Lemon juice has antibacterial properties that kill acne causing germs. It also fades acne scars and dark spots.
- Gather your hair away from your face into a ponytail to prevent it from sticking to your hair.
- Wear an apron or old t-shirt to keep it from dripping onto your clothes.
- Do facial steaming before hand. This will open up your face pores, allowing the mask to sink deep into your pores and work its magic.
- 2-3 mashed strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine the above ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
- Slather the mixture onto your clean face.
- Sit for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, using warm water, gently rinse off using your fingers or a warm washcloth. Rinse again with cold water to close up your pores.
2. Moisturizing Strawberries and Cream
So good, you can eat, this strawberries and cream face mask is just what you need during harsh cold days that leave your skin dry and dull. Beware: this amazing combination will surely tempt your taste buds! The cream nourishes and gives skin a soft lustrous feel while honey acts as a mild astringent and the anti-septic properties it has helps to cleanse skin of germs and dirt responsible for causing acne.
Check out the benefits of the extra natural ingredients added to this face mask in the table below:
Great moisturizer. Skin brightener and lightener. Anti bacterial and antiseptic properties that help destroy germs on skin surface. Nourishes and water dry skin.
Nourishes and rejuvenates withered skin. Lubricates dry skin while gently moisturizing it.
- The riper the fruit, the easier it is to mash into a pulp.
- Avoid your eyebrows and hairline since this contains lightening properties and can visibly lighten your eyebrows.
- If you have very dry peeling skin, use full fat cream and massage the face mask for 2 minutes before allowing it to settle.
- 2-3 mashed strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Using the back of a fork, mash strawberries together.
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
- Smear the mixture onto your face and neck and leave it on for as long as you can, or until it completely dries up.
- Using warm water, rinse off, tackling the sides of your face and under your chin especially. Splash your face with cold water to close pores. Pat dry with a clean towel.
The mildly abrasive texture of strawberries makes it an excellent exfoliator that will gently scour dirt, dead cells and excess oils from the skin's surface. Honey will gently cleanse your face and also act as a gentle exfoliator to counteract the abrasive nature of the fruit.
Check out the benefit of honey, the additional ingredient to this mask, below:
Gentle exfoliator and moisturizer. Locks moisture into skin cells, keeping skin smooth and hydrated. Lightens acne scars and dark spots.
- Don't pluck off the strawberry leaves. The coarse texture will gently exfoliate and cleanse skin.
- Use raw honey for best results. Processed honey may irritate skin.
- Before using any of the masks, its best to first test a small portion of the mask onto your inner elbow or wrist to see if you might be allergic to it.
- 2 to 3 mashed strawberries
- 1 tablespoon
- In a small bowl, mash 2 to 3 ripe strawberries into a pulp.
- Stir in the honey until you form a fairly smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture onto your face in a gentle circular motion. Massage the mask onto your face for at least 2 minutes. Leave on the mask for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water first then cold water to close off pores.