9 Homemade Facial Mask and Skin Care Recipes Using Turmeric
Face masks made at home with turmeric are very helpful to treat a number of skin conditions, such as dark spots, blemishes, acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks, and cracked heels.
Turmeric (also called curcumin and haldi) has been used traditionally as a beauty treatment in India. It helps to balance and restore the skin's natural pH level. It slows down the skin's aging process, heals dry skin, and makes it supple. Turmeric is also good for acne, as it is a natural antiseptic.
Read more to get familiar with turmeric face masks at home and learn about the several beauty benefits of this wonderful plant on the skin.
Use Turmeric for Glowing Skin on Special Days
In India, a mixture of turmeric and gram flour is applied to the bride and bridegroom on the morning of the wedding day, so they will have a golden glow on their skin at the time of the wedding.
Turmeric/Yogurt/Gram Flour Face Mask for Glowing Skin
When used twice a week, this face mask will add a natural golden glow to your facial skin.
- Add two teaspoons gram flour (also called chickpea, garbanzo, or besan flour) to one teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Now mix with three or four teaspoons of yogurt.
- Mix well and apply to the face for 20 minutes.
Gram flour is particularly good for oily skin. But if you have dry skin, you should also add ground oats to make it smooth. With its antioxidant properties, yogurt helps protect the face.
Turmeric/Besan Scrub to Exfoliate and Get Rid of Dead Skin
Turmeric and gram flour make a great natural scrub, which removes dead cells from the skin very gently.
- Mix gram flour and turmeric powder in equal proportions and store it in a bottle or jar until needed.
- When you wish to do a scrub, add two tablespoons milk.
- Apply to the face evenly and rub in a circular motion for 10 to 15 minutes daily to get a glowing and bright complexion.
Turmeric and Honey Face Mask for a Bright Complexion
Using turmeric and honey together on the face reduces blemishes, scars, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and discoloration of any kind. It is one of the best natural remedies to get clear and clean skin.
One teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed with one tablespoon of raw honey makes a brilliant face mask at home. This facial mask is very beneficial for dry skin, and regular use of this mask improves the skin’s elasticity, thus reducing wrinkles on the face.
Turmeric Mixed With Milk as a Face Cleanser
Milk and turmeric together make a great natural face cleanser. Turmeric has antiseptic properties that protect the skin from daily damage. A turmeric-and-milk face cleanser removes germs and pollutants from deep inside the pores, leaving the facial skin fresh and clean.
Turmeric Milk Drink
Turmeric's high antioxidant properties make it special for both beauty and health. Drinking turmeric milk is good for many health problems as well as for skin ailments. It has the potential to increase the body's immunity and disease-resisting power.
- Boil one teaspoon of turmeric in a cup of milk for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
Turmeric Mask to Reduce Facial Hair
A turmeric face mask can be used to remove facial hair naturally. This mask will remove thin, light hairs without causing irritation or redness on the face.
- Make a thick paste by mixing turmeric, water, gram flour and a few drops of mustard oil.
- Let it dry on the face for five minutes.
- Then rub this turmeric paste slowly to pull away the facial hairs.
- Remember you have to scrub off this paste in the opposite direction, gently.
Turmeric for Cracked Heels
Turmeric is one of the best treatments for cracked heels.
- Mix three teaspoons of turmeric powder with a few drops of coconut oil or castor oil.
- Wash your feet and pat them dry.
- Apply this home remedy for 10 to 15 minutes to get relief from dry, cracked heels.
Drinking and Applying Turmeric to Treat Acne and Redness
Turmeric is good for acne, particularly for oily skin, due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. It can be applied and taken orally on a regular basis. Turmeric milk can be drunk to treat acne or any other skin ailment, as it is a blood purifier with lots of healing properties.
Turmeric face masks made at home are effective in reducing redness and swelling caused by acne, pimples, and other skin infections.
Apply this turmeric face mask for acne three times every week. Here is the recipe.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon gram flour
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Mix all the above ingredients to make a face mask of a consistency that can be applied easily.
- Add some more milk if you find the paste thick.
- Apply this directly on your face.
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and scrub gently.
- Wash off.
Because this face mask doesn't come off easily, apply only a thin layer. If a yellowish stain remains, don't wash with soap or any face wash. Take some gram flour on your palm and make a paste by mixing some milk and water into it. Rub this scrub on your face gently and then wash it off. Your face will be glowing as never before.
Turmeric to Lose Stretch Marks
Losing stretch marks can be easier with the regular use of a turmeric-and-yogurt mask. You can lighten the appearance of stretch marks or stomach scars by using turmeric on them consistently.
The Plant With Benefits Tested Over Centuries
Turmeric face masks have been used for centuries by women in Asian countries for glowing and gorgeous skin. The plant's numerous beauty benefits for the skin makes it a wonder herb, helpful in preventing the aging process, treating inflamed skin, minimizing large pores, treating acne-prone skin, and many more. Do try these easy face masks at home to treat yourself and make your skin problem free.
Do you feel face masks at home are effective for skin problems?
More Face Masks You Can Make at Home
- Lemon Benefits on Skin | Lemon Face Masks at Home
Lemons have many benefits for the skin and face, and they are cheap and easily available. You can make lemon face masks at home to treat acne, scars, blemishes and pigmentation.
- Homemade Oatmeal Face Mask | Skin Benefits of Oatmeal
Homemade oatmeal face masks are very popular because of oatmeal's cleansing, exfoliant, and moisturizing properties.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.