Strawberry, a salacious, bright red, heart-shaped fruit, is cherished as one of the most important fruits. It's best known for the wide use of its flavour in ice creams, yogurt and chocolates. But did you know that many cosmetics and skincare products use important extracts from strawberries for the benefits they offer skin? Here’s my suggestion—why not just use the strawberry, fresh and natural, for a refreshing skincare treatment at home that will leave your skin feeling better than any chemical-laden product can?
What Makes Strawberries Good for Your Skin?
What are the most important benefits of strawberry for skin? The fruit can be used for acne care, skin brightening, oil control and more. There are many crucial nutrients in strawberry that make it an important food for skin, both when eaten and applied topically. For instance, strawberry contains high levels of salicylic acid, which is widely available in chemical form for the treatment of acne. Strawberry is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that can brighten your skin, exfoliate dead skin cells, fade blemishes and nourish your skin for that healthy glowing look. Let's take a deeper look at the nutrients in strawberry that are great for skin.
|Special Nutrient in Strawberry||Benefit for skin|
Alpha Hydroxyl Acids
Powerful nutrient for skin. Used for treating acne, lightening acne scars. Alpha hydroxyl acids also improve the appearance of aging skin.
Plays an important role in fighting and preventing acne, exfoliates skin, fades scars and blemishes, gets rid of fine lines and helps aging skin.
Antioxidant, heals skin damage, promotes youthful skin
Powerful antioxidant, combats free radical damage, prevents premature aging of skin
How to Make a Strawberry Face Mask
If you want to lighten blemishes, reduce the appearance of pimple scars, brighten your skin tone and deep-cleanse your pores, this strawberry face mask is exactly what you need! The goodness of natural yogurt & honey, an ancient superfood, works with the elements in the strawberry to give you skin that looks bright, refreshed and more youthful. The extra yogurt and honey we’re adding to this face mask deserve to be appreciated for their skin benefits too—so check out their benefits below!
|Ingredient||Benefit in face mask|
This superfood contains lactic acid a powerful nutrient that smoothens out rough skin, moisturizes skin and nourishes dry withered skin. The zinc found in yogurt is beneficial in that it soothes inflammations caused by acne, thereby making them less visible. Applying yogurt on skin regularly also noticeably diminishes dark spots and acne scars and brightens skin complexion.
Powerful superfood, lightens skin tone, antibacterial thus fights acne & pimples, soothes skin, anti-inflammatory, cleanses pores, gentle exfoliator
What You Need
- 2–3 mashed strawberries (ripe)
- 2 teaspoons yogurt
- 2 teaspoon honey
1. Gather all the ingredients you need for this strawberry facial. Wash the strawberries and cut off their leaves. Puree the strawberries in a food processor, or mash with a fork before use. Please do not use flavoured yogurt—only use plain! If your yogurt is cold, allow it to reach room temperature first.
2. Get a small bowl, add your ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
3. Make the mask smooth and well-mixed for easier application. I know mine looks a bit lumpy, but it was still fine for application. With clean fingers, apply this mask on your face. Wash off with warm water after 10 minutes or more.
- Face masks are not just for your face! Use them on your neck and cleavage as well as your hands.
- If you get leftovers, safely store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Remember to use a clean towel when drying your face. Have a dedicated face towel, which is not shared with anyone, to prevent pimples.
- Do not use extremely hot or extremely cold water for your face, as this will damage capillaries and cause redness.
- With natural face masks, the longer you let them sit on your skin and work their magic, the better! You can leave this face mask on until it actually starts to dry.
More Simple Face Masks for Beautiful Skin
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Gee on March 29, 2018:
All I had was fruit on the bottom greek yogurt so I wanted to try it before spending 4$ on a 16oz container. Is this a big problem???
May on July 01, 2017:
Excellent ...make my face smooth
Rofiya on February 14, 2017:
Amazing this is really work for me
Thanks so much
Laura on May 27, 2015:
Can I leave this mask overnight?
lynne on May 24, 2015:
How many times we can do this face mask?
Tatiana from Florida on January 19, 2014:
It's terrible that a face mask is making me hungry! I guess whatever I don't use, I can eat! Gotta love natural ingredients!