Beauty DIY: Strawberry Face Mask with Yogurt & Honey
Strawberry, a salacious bright red and heart-shaped fruit, is cherished as one of the most important fruits, best known for the wide use of its flavour in ice creams, yogurt and chocolates. But did you know that many cosmetics and skin care products use important extracts from strawberries for the benefits they offer skin? Here’s my suggestion - why not just use the strawberry, fresh and natural, for a refreshing skin care treatment at home, which will leave your skin feeling better than any chemical-laden skin care product can!
There are many crucial nutrients in Strawberry that make it an important food for skin, both when eaten and applied topically. For instance, strawberry contains high levels of salicylic acid, which is widely available in chemical form for the treatment of acne. Strawberry is rich in antioxidants, and other nutrients which can brighten your skin, exfoliate dead skin cells, fade blemishes and nourish your skin for that healthy glowing look. Let's take a deeper look at the nutrients in strawberry that are great for skin:
Special Nutrient in Strawberry
Benefit for skin
Alpha Hydroxyl Acids
Powerful nutrient for skin.Used for treating acne, lightening acne scars. Alpha hydroxyl acids also improve the appearance of aging skin.
Plays an important role in fighting and preventing acne, exfoliates skin, fades scars and blemishes, gets rid of fine lines and helps aging skin.
Antioxidant, heals skin damage, promotes youthful skin
Powerful antioxidant, combats free radical damage, prevents premature aging of skin
How to make a strawberry face mask
If you want to lighten blemishes, reduce the appearance of pimple scars, brighten your skin tone and deep-cleanse your pores, this strawberry face mask is exactly what you need! The goodness of natural yogurt & honey, an ancient superfood, work with the elements in the strawberry to give you skin that looks bright, refreshed and more youthful. The extra yogurt and honey we’re adding to this face mask deserve to be appreciated for their skin benefits too – so check out their benefits below!
Ingredients used in this face mask
Benefit in face mask
This superfood contains lactic acid a powerful nutrient that smoothens out rough skin, moisturizes skin and nourishes dry withered skin. The zinc found in yogurt is beneficial in that it soothes inflammations caused by acne, thereby making them less visible. Applying yogurt on skin regularly also noticeably diminishes dark spots and acne scars and brightens skin complexion.
Powerful superfood, lightens skin tone, antibacterial thus fights acne & pimples, soothes skin, anti-inflammatory, cleanses pores, gentle exfoliator
What you need
- 2 – 3 mashed strawberries (ripe)
- 2 teaspoons yogurt
- 2 teaspoon honey
1. Gather all the ingredients you need for this strawberry facial. Wash the strawberries and cut off their leaves. Puree the strawberries in a food processor, or mash with fork before use. Please do not use flavoured yogurt – use the plain one! If your yogurt is cold, allow it to reach room temperature first.
2. Get a small bowl, add your ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
3. Make the mask smooth and well-mixed for easier application. I know mine looks a bit lumpy but it was still fine for application. With clean fingers, apply this mask on your face. Wash off with warm water after 10 minutes.
- Face masks are not just for your face! Use them on your neck and cleavage as well as your hands.
- If you get leftovers, safely store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Remember to use a clean towel when drying your face. Have a dedicated face towel, which is not shared with anyone, to prevent pimples.
- Do not use extreme hot or extreme cold water for your face as this will damage capillaries and cause redness.
- With natural face masks, the longer you let them sit on your skin and work their magic, the better! You can leave this face mask on until it actually starts to dry.