5 Best Natural Moisturizers for Healthy Skin
1. Andalou Naturals Age Defying Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream
Hands down, this is the best all-around moisturizer to use in any season and at any time of the day (don't let the name fool you).
This moisturizer not only quenches dry skin, but also repairs damaged skin (fine lines, scarring, etc.), and prevents aging. You don't have to be old to use it either. In fact, I would recommend teenagers start using this because it is chock full of vitamins and minerals to nourish the skin and maintain youth. I started using this my senior year of high school, and my dull skin turned to glowing, youthful skin after a week's use.
It's a bit on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way. You'll only need a dime-sized dollop to cover your whole face, and a quarter of that to cover your neck.
- Resveratrol Q10 antioxidants fight free radicals to maintain skin's youth
- Goji berry smooths fine lines and improves skin tone
- Vitamin C brightens for glowing skin
- Fruit stem cells repair and revitalize skin texture and health
- Aloe vera and shea butter hydrates and moisturizes
Texture: Thick, soft, and buttery, but not heavy
Scent: Light, fruity/flowery scent (coconut/jasmine). Smell doesn't linger.
How Skin Feels After Application: Velvety soft and smooth to the touch. You won't even notice you're wearing anything. Your skin just feels naturally soft.
2. EO Everyone 3-in-1 Lotion
The EO 3-in-1 Lotion is actually my favorite body lotion, but it works equally as great on facial skin. While this lotion doesn't contain active ingredients to fight aging or to revitalize dull skin, it does moisturize and hydrate magnificently well.
This is great to use as a daytime moisturizer because it is lightweight. The best part about this lotion is that you get a lot of bang for your buck! The bottles are huge and last forever. They also have smaller bottles and tubes that are much more travel-friendly.
This lotion comes in a variety of scents, but my favorite is Unscented, Citrus & Coconut, and Apricot & Vanilla.
Texture: Light and thin (similar to Cetaphil).
Scent: Depends on the scent you purchase, but smells like very mild essential oils. Smell doesn't linger.
How Skin Feels After Application: Hydrated and completely weightless.
3. Juice Beauty Antioxidant Moisturizer
This creamy yet lightweight moisturizer hydrates and smooths fine lines without leaving a greasy feeling. It is full of vitamins, peptides, and powerful antioxidants that work at a cellular level to plump, brighten, and hydrate your skin.
It is definitely a splurge, but worth it for the organic and natural ingredients. I don't recommend buying on Amazon because the Juice Beauty products there are fake and sold by a company that claims to be Juice Beauty. I suggest visiting Whole Foods or Sprouts, or buying directly from their website.
- Vitamin C brightens and revitalizes skin
- Fruit peptides smooths lines and wrinkles
- Plant-derived hyaluronic acid plumps skin
- Antioxidant-rich grape and apple fights free radicals
- Jojoba, avocado, and sunflower oils hydrate and moisturize
Texture: Light and creamy
Scent: Fruity (citrus smell). Smell doesn't linger.
How Skin Feels After Application: Refreshed and hydrated. No greasy feeling.
Price: $42 for 2 fl. oz. I'd recommend NOT purchasing through Amazon, as the product is fake. Buy directly through the website, at Vitacost.com, or at Whole Foods or Sprouts.
4. Nourish Organic Ultra Hydrating Face Cream (Argan & Pomegranate)
This thick and nourishing cream is the ultimate thirst-quenching product your skin needs. The ingredients are all natural, there's no fragrance, and it restores moisture to fatigued and dehydrated skin. Because the cream is a bit on the thicker side, I like to use it as a night cream rather than a day cream. In the winter time however, it is perfect day or night.
I love that it's a squeeze bottle because it makes it travel-friendly and super easy to apply. The ingredients are also safe for sensitive, mature skin because they are all organic and non-GMO.
- Aloe vera hydrates skin and provides protective layer
- Anti-oxidant rich pomegranate fights free radicals
- Argan oil softens skin and provides a natural glow
Texture: Thick and creamy
Scent: No fragrance
How Skin Feels After Application: Super nourished and protected
5. Alba Botanica Smoothing Jasmine & Vitamin E Hawaiian Moisture Cream
If you're looking for a lightweight moisturizer that won't leave any sticky or heavy residue, this Alba Botanica Hawaiian Moisture Cream is perfect, whether you want to wear it during the summertime months or you have oily skin.
The scent is also extremely light. It's not exactly a Jasmine smell, but just overall a fresh scent. It's also super affordable for an all-natural product.
- Jojoba, kukui nut, and almond oils intensely nourish skin
- Papaya provides a boost of antioxidant and beautiful summer glow
- Vitamin E soothes and repairs skin
- Hypo-allergenic and cruelty-free
Texture: Light and almost watery
Scent: Light fresh scent
How Skin Feels After Application: Supple and like there's nothing there
Natural Moisturizers for Beautiful Skin
There you have it. My top 5 picks for the best natural moisturizers. I encourage you to give the products on this list a try if you're looking to make the switch from nasty pore-clogging chemicals to real, natural, and healthy ingredients. Your skin will thank you!