Homemade Honey Face Mask Recipes for Beautiful Skin
What Makes Honey Beneficial for Skin?
Honey has long been haled as the miracle cure for skin of all types. It has been used since ancient times to treat cuts, burns, and reduce skin swellings. It is not only blessed with powerful skin saving antioxidants, but also contains amazing anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties.
- Anti-inflammatory means your inflamed red acne will be soothed and healed, making them less pronounced.
- Antibacterial and antiseptic properties will help fight off acne causing germs and bacteria, staving off more acne and pimples.
Let’s explore the potent nutrients in raw honey for its nourishing benefits to skin! Below, learn about three different face masks you can try out for yourself at home, each with a different benefit.
Benefit for Skin
For proper skin functioning and healthy skin.
Protects skin from damage against free radicals.
Necessary for new skin cell formation. Keeps skin moisturized and healthy.
Anti-inflammatory. Reduces skin and acne inflammations. Moisturizes and hydrates dry skin
Rich in vitamin C, raw honey is used for healing topical symptoms such as dry skin and rashes.
Fights free radical activity. Slows down aging process of skin.
Honey contains a hefty serving of antioxidants for moisturized and vibrant skin. Polyphenols in honey destroy free radicals that cause oxidative stress in skin cells, thereby slowing down the aging process of skin.
1. Acne Scar Fading
Also known as The Hot Face Mask, it is composed of honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon. It’s the lemon that causes the burning sensation, but that’s if you put more than 1/2 a teaspoon!
Before I explain this mask, beware of the amount of lemon juice you add to your face mask, just don’t go overboard with more than eight drops or 1/2 tsp. Anyhow, this delicious smelling mask is sure to tease your taste buds, tempting you to have a lick, but you must resist! The cinnamon and nutmeg honey face mask smells amazing and works wonders in fading acne scars and evening out skin discolorations! Let’s see the skin benefits of the ingredients in this one:
Contains potent anti-inflammatory and skin lightening properties. Helps fade acne scars and reducing swelling and redness from acne.
Anti-inflammatory. Helps reduce swellings and redness from acne.
Loaded with vitamin C. Great for skin lightening and removing acne scars and dark spots.
- Be sure to add only ½ a teaspoon or at least five drops of lemon juice. You don’t want your skin to have a harsh red complexion plus a burning sensation! It’s nasty, trust me.
- Don’t rub or massage as you wash it off because you don’t want the ingredients to exfoliate your skin even more. It will leave your skin dry, causing your oil glands to produce more sebum, which may cause more acne!
- This mask is a bit sticky and can be a pain to get off. Simply, use lukewarm water and gently scrub your face until it starts smoothly coming off. Then you can use cold water to wipe off the rest.
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix all the above ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Using clean finger tips, apply a thick coat of the mixture onto your face.
- Sit for 15 to 30 minutes to let the face mask settle and get absorbed deep into your skin.
- When the time is up, rinse off with warm water, and pat dry with a clean towel.
You are sure to notice a delightful improvement to your acne scars which will appear less visible than before!
2. Skin Hydrating
Got dry flaky skin? Well, worry no more! This amazing moisturizing mask will lock moisture into your skin cells, feeding it with the necessary moisture needed for supple, lubricated skin. People with dry skin should use this because it contains amazing ingredients that heal and nourish dehydrated skin.
Let’s take a look at the powerful ingredients in this:
Rich in healthy fat and vitamin E, the nutritious avocado will help feed and lubricate withered skin, giving it a supple look and feel.
An incredible moisturizer and lubricating agent. Coconut oil is blessed with healthy nutrients that nourish dry skin. Say goodbye to flaky peeling skin!
- Use a ripe avocado so it’s easier to mash with a fork.
- Avoid the eye and mouth area when applying the mixture, as these are more sensitive compared to other parts of your face; and the tightening and stretching of the mask may cause wrinkles.
- Before applying, wash your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel or steam your face. This is simply to open up your pores so the nutrients can sink deep into your skin.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/ 4 ripe avocado
- In a small mixing bowl, mash ¼ an avocado with the back of a fork or blend if it’s more convenient for you.
- Add 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Using clean fingers, apply a thick coat of this mixture onto your face.
- Sit for fifteen minutes while you let the mask do its work. You can use this time to soak in a bath or get lunch ready.
- When the time is up, gently scrub off the mask using warm water. When it’s all off, splash cold water onto your face to close your pores. Pat dry with a towel.
Enjoy the silky new feel and look of your moisturized skin!
3. Acne Blaster
Using orange peel, raw honey, and oats, this recipe is great for getting rid of acne and notorious pimples. Raw honey contains antibacterial properties that remove germs that cause acne from deep within the skin pores. Oats not only nourishes skin of all types but also absorbs excess sebum from within your pores as it is an absorbent. This acne-fighting mask provides nourishing, exfoliating and cleansing benefits to skin.
Here are the ingredients used for this:
Nourishes skin. Gently exfoliates skin, removing dead cells from the skin surface, promoting smooth supple skin.
Rich in vitamin C, orange peel is great for lightening dark spots and acne scars. Evens out skin discolorations
- Use raw organic honey for best results. Processed honey may cause skin irritation and rashes!
- It doesn’t matter what type of oats you use. You can use either brown oats or white oats.
- Be gentle with your skin when applying. Gently apply a thick coat. Do not rub it harshly on your skin as this may cause your skin to become red and unsightly.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange peel powder
- 1 teaspoons oats
- Mix the above ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
- Coat your face with the mixture using clean fingers.
- Let it settle for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, you can lie down, close your eyes and relax as the mask does its magic. When the time is up, rinse your face, and pat dry with a clean towel.