Majida has written about skin care and beauty products online for several years.
Regular Nightly Application
Believe it or not, regular use of jojoba oil can erase your acne scars forever. However, in order to see long-term results like this, you need to start by having faith in the product.
- The best time to use the oil on your skin is at night, so that the product will have enough time to work into the deeper layers of your skin.
- Use jojoba oil to treat acne scars for at least two months in the beginning. Hopefully, you’ll get positive results. In case you don’t, you can combine it with more oils to enhance the effect. It’s also good to use ascorbic acid alongside the oil treatment for acne scars.
Effective and Affordable
The best thing about jojoba oil is that it's not only effective, but it's affordable. One bottle of oil can be used for approximately three months or more, depending on how many times you use every day.
Note: While there are many other brands offering products that contain jojoba oil, make sure you buy one that doesn’t contain too many ingredients, or else you may not get the desired results. Pure jojoba oil is more effective alone than when it is combined with other oils like lavender oil or olive oil. Be careful in choosing the product, because not all brands offer pure jojoba oil. With all the chemicals that may be added to the, the effectiveness of the actual oil may be lost.
Acne Scar Prevention
Acne scars are one of the most common skin problems for adults—the scars or indents from acne are permanent marks on your skin that take several months to heal.
- There is a general saying that states that taking precaution is better than curing something. So, if you are suffering from intense acne right now, the best you can to to prevent scarring is to refrain from popping your pimples.
- Cleaning your face is also important—there are some decent over-the-counter products that you can use, such as retinoid cream, vitamin C serum, and benzyl peroxide. If it has reached the point of being puss-filled and fully inflamed, you can use Dermovate nn cream to clear the puss out from the nodules. (Nodules are the heads that form on puss-filled acne.)
- Aside from applying creams and cleaning your face regularly, you also need to have a good diet. This includes eating fruits and vegetables, and drinking healthy juices. You'll also need to avoid fats, and refrain from eating even healthy ones including chicken, fish, and nuts. They can all cause acne or worsen the current condition.
Five Causes of Acne Scars
Acne marks usually heal naturally if you take care of them properly and keep applying ointment on the affected areas. However, sometimes they still turn into scars. Scars are usually deep and pigmented. This happens due to various reasons, including:
- Touching the acne or pimple.
- Scratching the affected area and around it with your fingernails.
- Popping the pimples in an attempt to get the puss out of nodules.
- Applying harsh chemicals that peel off the skin over the acne.
- Rubbing the affected area with a towel.
While there are many ways to treat puss-filled acne itself, there are only a few ways to treat the marks. This is because they get embedded deep into the layers of your skin. The most effective treatment happens in the beginning stages. However, it may take two to three months for a mark to completely go away with a proper treatment. If you've had your acne scars for six months or more, though, they'll be even harder to treat, unless you use really good products.
Effective Treatment with Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is chock-full of benefits when it comes to acne scar treatment. It seriously has the potential to heal your scars when used religiously. Have you tried numerous other treatments in attempt to cure those ugly acne scars, yet you still have not seen any lasting or permanent results? Maybe you have also stopped relying on any product, and you have given up. If this is the case for you, let me just say: impossible is nothing. There is a cure for the disease of acne scarring. So, keep trying.
- Jojoba oil comes out on top among the many kinds of oils known to treat acne scars. It has both good reviews and positive results. I recommend the brand, Wax Easter, which contains an effective jojoba oil acne treatment in its product.
- This is the oil found in human skin, so you can be rest assured that the oil is a natural ingredient. It should pose no side effects on your marks or general skin tone. It also provides natural skin protection and leaves it soft, supple, and beautiful.
A Natural Cure
Experiencing breakouts while you're young is a natural process. Almost every individual suffers from this problem at least once in their lifetime. There are also people who suffer from it their entire lives, even. The fact is that you’ll get rid of acne sooner or later. However, if you mistakenly mess with your acne, you can end up with nasty scars.
The question now is, how is jojoba oil beneficial in treating acne as well as acne scars?
- The oil has divine healing properties in it—with its sebum, it can cure almost all types of acne and acne scars.
- Some skeptics may find it hard to believe that using oil can improve the appearance of acne scars because oils are generally frowned upon for regular skin protection because they can clog the pores. However, jojoba oil is not ordinary oil—it doesn’t clog the pores or worsen the acne problem. Instead, it eliminates acne eruption and prevents it from creating scars. If you apply it on the scars, it will help improve collagen production by improving your blood circulation underneath the skin.
- With the excess oil extracts from the treatment, the skin will be tricked into making less oil resulting in over-secret of oil that provokes acne eruption or inflammation.
- It also clears impurities from the skin, making it healthier after each use. With continuous use, you can get youthful and flawless skin.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
CathyCourtney on February 22, 2017:
I have scars on my face as a result of acne. After almost a month of using dermalmd scar serum my scars are fading and not as visible as before. They are not completely gone but now I feel more confident going out without makeup on.
Brittany Anne on February 01, 2017:
Healthy fats are good to eat to say that you should cut them is bad. Not all acne is caused by food and there is still a debate whether or not it does or it just causes mild allergy in some people. Never eliminate foods without doctors consent. Although jojoba oil is effective it will not be as effective as other prescriptions for moderate to serve acne. Post red marks are not scars and will fade over time. Jojoba has not been tested to see how it would heal indented scars. People who get scars tend to have a predisposition to get them. There are people who will pick pimples and never get scars. It depends on many factors such as skin type and how well your skin heals naturally. Many essential oils can provide benefits, but some claims are over exaggerated and not based on scienfic research. (Med student)
Debra on July 24, 2016:
Really wished she would have put a link to the oil.
KateSan on June 14, 2016:
Thank you for this! I'm going to try it out as I've recently started incorporating oil into my regime (olive oil as make-up remover, tea tree oil before putting on my evening mask etc.). I really hope this works out for me. I would really like to recommend Mario Badescu as it saved my face completely, and tea tree oil at night is a wonder! I've also started following a natural regime alongside my products. Twice a week, lemon juice mixed with water as toner (great for acne scars). It's been a month and I can see quite a vast improvement. I would highly suggest that people give it a go. There are more guides at easyacneguide.com, where I found those methods. People are bound to find something right for them. I hope this helps.
FrancyzaLima on May 18, 2016:
I use Dermalmd Scar Serum to help fade bug bites on my face and neck which really get me down and usually require lots of make up and concealer to cover them up, and still end up showing through as my makeup wears off through the day. Dermalmd Scar Serum has been a godsend as it has helped fade and even my skin tone out and I can definitely see the redness fading from the affected areas. I apply a small amount in the morning and before bed whenever I remember!! It does not irritate my skin at all and smells nice.
lauratr45 on March 27, 2016:
I really doubted any scar therapy product at the beginning. I browsed a lot of pages before I made the decision...just for trying. I had a new scald and a new knife-cut scar on my hand. I applied DermalMD Scar Treatment serum once a day, mostly in the evening. Probably 10 days later, they all gone!!! I feel so surprised and I highly recommend it to those who have new scars (well, within 45 days i think will be counted as "new"... cause that is my situation)
pinku on August 03, 2015:
i want clean my skin
driven on December 03, 2014:
i really like this article, i am going to give jojoba oil a good try. i have old acne scars..i will be using an all organic vegan bar soap and jojoba oil twice maybe 3 times a day. i should look up the absorbic acid mentioned
Anna Christie from London, United Kingdom on January 05, 2014:
Another good product to use for scars generally and acne scars is Shea Butter. You can get it mixed with oils, whipped or as a hard butter. You can mix it with some Jojoba oil and use it as an acne scar remedy butter. It is used a lot for moisturizing the skin, and also for scars, like stretch marks and other smaller scars from accidents.
Cassidy Dawson-Tobich on January 04, 2014:
Jojoba is indeed great for acne scars, so is rose hip oil and carrot seed oil seed oil, carrot seed oil seed oil has lots of antioxidant and repairing properties (lots more in Best Home Remedies For Acne) Book :)