I am a professional content writer with a *slight* beauty and skincare addiction. Stick around to read my honest product reviews.
What Is Skin + Me?
Unless you have been living under a rock, you will most definitely have heard many people (particularly influencers) raving about Skin + Me, a.k.a. the miracle brand that aims to rid you of any and all skin-related problems that you might have.
Designed by a small team of industry-leading dermatologists, the now Insta-famous brand has been fighting to revolutionise the face (pardon the pun!) of skincare with their "powerful, personalised solutions that actually work." Since lifting their virtual shutters in 2018, Skin + Me has taken the world by storm with their custom-made, prescription-strength formulations delivered straight to your door each month.
This means that instead of buying and trying dozens of different products (which, let's be honest, leads to an unsightly horde of unwanted and ultimately useless lotions and potions) or forking out the big bucks on a consultation with a private dermatologist, you can rely on Skin + Me to hook you up with the perfect blend of ingredients for treating your skin woes.
By delivering a powerful, personalised solution that truly works straight to your door, we’re offering an accessible solution for those who want to tackle their skin goals once and for all.
— John Mishreki (Skin + Me Founder)
Who Is Skin + Me For?
Whatever is keeping you from loving your skin, whether it be acne, rosacea, fine lines, large pores, or uneven texture, Skin + Me is confident that their products will be able to help you tackle any concerns you have, leaving you fresh-faced and radiant.
Their active ingredients are specifically designed to promote cell turnover, unblock clogged pores, repair cells, and so much more, leading to a beautiful, healthy complexion. So, no matter what is getting you down in the dumps about your skin, Skin + Me promises a solution.
How Does Skin + Me Work?
You'll also be glad to know that signing up for Skin + Me's letterbox-friendly subscription service is so much easier than visiting a brick-and-mortar clinic! All you have to do is head on over to their website and click the "Get Started" button.
From there, you will be asked detailed questions about the following:
- Your Skin Goals: You can choose as many as you like.
- Your Age: This helps Skin+Me to determine what ingredients will work better with your skin.
- Your Sex: Sex hormones play a huge role in our skin. It's also really important for Skin+Me to know if there is a chance you could be pregnant.
- Your Skin Type: Choose from either oily, dry, or normal.
- Your Main Area Of Concern: You can choose as many as you like.
- Your Skin Colour
- How Sensitive Your Skin Is
- If You Have PCOS/Irregular Periods
You will also be asked to share some details about your lifestyle, health, prescriptions, diet, and current skincare routine. Before your prescription is finalized, you will have to upload some photos of your bare face for your prescriber to review. After that, all you have to do is wait for your subscription to be approved.
Signing Up To Skin + Me
Like many people who have turned to Skin + Me for skincare assistance, I was immediately taken in by the promise of a stripped-back regime, which would most certainly help me to reclaim some of my time in the morning and evening!
Not only that, but the brand is paving the way in terms of sustainability as the packaging they use for their products and shipping materials is 100% recyclable.
Their trend-setting Daily Doser is particularly impressive, as it is designed to give you the perfect amount of product with each use, limiting waste and ensuring the formula lasts as long as it is intended to.
With that in mind, paired with the promise of flawless skin, I finally caved and signed up for a month's trial of Skin + Me. And lucky for me, I managed to take full advantage of their epic deal, which offered a custom Daily Doser, Purify+Prep Hydrating Cleanser, and Soothe+Smooth Light Moisturiser, all for just £1.99, saving me a grand total of £49.50!
But the real question is, does Skin + Me really work? Or is it just another gimmick?
Skin + Me Daily Doser
First up is Skin + Me's trademark product: the Daily Doser. Contained within the sturdy aluminum casing, which boasts innovative twist and click technology, is your personalised skincare solution.
In my case, this blend consisted of:
- Tretinoin (0.006%)
- Niacinamide (4%)
- Azelaic Acid (4%)
I tested the product for over three weeks to minimise my pores, smooth out my skin's texture, and prevent fine lines.
These are my thoughts:
What I Liked
- Daily Dosers are inscribed with your name, which I thought was a nice touch.
- The packaging is sturdy, compact, and easy to travel with.
- The formula is completely unscented and doesn't contain any perfumes like a lot of skincare products do.
- The twist-and-click technology is perfect for ensuring you don't overdo it (or underdo it) with the amount of product. I also liked being able to tell exactly how many days of use I had left.
What I Didn't Like
I have acne-prone skin, which I usually manage to keep under control, so much so that I haven't had a breakout in over a year. Nonetheless, I had prepared myself for some purging when I started Skin + Me. I also made sure to include in my skincare profile that I have sensitive skin (even though I don't) to avoid any unnecessary irritations.
- I broke out very badly with this product. I tried to persevere, but it did not get better after the 2-week mark like I had hoped it would. Instead, it kept getting worse, and I had painful cystic acne all along my jaw and chin.
- It caused my skin to peel, which was not only painful but incredibly frustrating.
- My skin felt sensitive all the time. I felt pain and discomfort when applying makeup, moisturiser, or simply splashing water on my face.
- I did not notice any improvement in my pores or skin texture.
For some reason, despite filling out my questionnaire perfectly and following the skincare instructions I was given by Skin + Me to the letter, the Daily Doser just did not agree with my skin, and I was forced to stop using it three weeks in.
Since reverting back to my old skincare routine, I have almost managed to get my skin back to how it was before trying this product.
Skin + Me Purify + Prep Hydrating Cleanser
The Skin + Me Purify + Prep Hydrating Cleanser is a gentle cream cleanser that can be used both morning and night. It is unscented, cruelty-free, and vegan and aims to nurture your skin's barrier while protecting against irritation and keeping cells healthy.
What I Liked
- It didn't strip my skin of its natural oils.
- It was easy to rinse off.
- It did a decent job of soothing my skin.
- Left my skin feeling clean.
What I Didn't Like
- It wasn't great at removing makeup.
- Nothing stands out about this product; it's just "okay."
- I still prefer my regular cleanser.
- It's hard to get all of the product out of the tube once you start running low.
Skin + Me Soothe + Smooth Light Moisturiser
Designed for combination and oily skin types, the Soothe + Smooth Light Moisturiser is filled with ''hero'' ingredients to help you achieve healthy skin.
- Allantoin: For soothing and protecting the skin. It also helps the skin to cope with harsh ingredients.
- Ceramides: These are fatty acids that are naturally found in skin cells. They prevent dryness and irritation.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Locks in moisture, plumping and hydrating the skin on contact.
- Betaine: Attracts and maintains moisture to soothe and soften the skin.
- Glycerin: Keeps skin cells healthy and protects against irritation.
What I Liked
- Like Skin+Me's other product, the moisturiser is unscented.
- It is gentle on the skin and doesn't cause any irritation.
- It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any residue or tackiness.
- It sits nicely under makeup.
- Skin feels soft and hydrated.
What I Didn't Like
- Similarly to the cleanser, I found the tube quite difficult to use. Once you reach the end of the product, you have to fight to get the last few uses out.
In the end, this turned out to be my favourite of Skin + Me's products, but I didn't love it enough to reorder.
Sadly, Skin + Me wasn't right for me or my skin. But that doesn't mean everyone will have the same experiences that I did.
There are thousands of testimonials from happy customers who have seemingly achieved miraculous results through using Skin + Me's subscription service. Even though it didn't work for me, I recommend trying it yourself, especially since new customers are welcome to try the service at a discounted rate for the first month.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2022 BunnyClaws