40 Unique Spa Names for Your Day Spa
Everyone needs to be pampered once in a while, and one of the best places for pampering is a spa.
People go to spas to relax, wind down from a stressful week or month, and be refreshed. Wouldn’t that make a great profession? Having a spa means ensuring every client leaves happy and relaxed, excited to come back for more!
If you’re someone who has a passion for the service industry and total relaxation, then perhaps you should have a spa day, every day. In other words, open a shop!
If you have hands of gold and a license for business, all you need is a good crew, the perfect location, and an unforgettable spa name. Okay, it’s a lot easier said than done, but when it comes to naming the spa, I've got some ideas for you!
Here are some names to get you started (there are tips on brainstorming and more below):
Spa Name Ideas
A Place to Relax
Heavenly Spa Services
Pure Bliss Massages
Touched by an Angel Massages
Ocean Motion Massage and Spa
All About You Spa
Pamper Me Spa
The Pampering People
Lakeview Day Spa
Hands of Gold
Pure Harmony Spa
Stillwater Spa & Resort
Drift Away Massage and Spa
Up the River Spa
Driftwood Day Spa
Serenity Day Spa
Tranquil Garden Massages
Just Let Go Spa
A Peaceful Escape Spa
Fly Away Day Spa
Queen for a Day Spa Services
Head 2 Toe Spa
Fiona's Facials and Spa Services
A Perfect 10 Spa
Free Your Mind Massages
A New You Spa
Out of This World Spa Services
Complexions Beauty and Spa
A Peaceful Ocean Day Spa
Hot Stones Massage
Escape Reality Spa
The Steam Room Massage and Spa
The Hot Stone Spa
Body and Mind Spa
Massage Away Spa
Total Relaxation Spa
Tips for Choosing a Spa Name
Now that you've taken a look at some names, let’s go over a few naming tips:
Use your name: Shouldn't everyone know who's boss at the spa? Be proud and use your name in the name of the spa!
Use your specialty: Most people have an area that they specialize in, whether it is massages, facials, or pedicures. Let the world know what you’re good at!
Use rhymes: Rhymes are catchy and easy to remember. It’s important for people to be able to remember your business' name!
Keep it simple: Don’t use large words, or anything that is difficult for the average person to read. This brings us right back to being able to remember your name. Also avoid cutesy spellings since this can make it hard to find your business online.
- Make it unique: The last thing you want is for a potential customer to confuse your name with a competitor--and the competitor to win their business because of it!
- Think about spa-related adjectives or nouns: A good majority of the names above have to do with being calm, at ease, feeling pampered in a place of luxury. Every spa name should connote such feelings as these are the direct reasons why people frequent spas; they want to escape from their lives for a couple of hours and come out feeling relaxed and new.
- Take note of the competition: If you have already determined a general location for your spa business, before you begin brainstorming names, be sure to make note of all of the spas within a 15 to 20 mile radius so that you can make sure the names you are considering stand out well from the competition.
- Use formulas to generate a lot of ideas: Like Noun + Product (Zephyr Spa), Location + Product (Big Apple Facials and Spa), Spa-Related Term + Product (Muddy Waters Spa)
Now that you have read over the tips for coming up with spa names, it’s time to begin brainstorming names for your spa! Write down as many as you can possibly think of. The more you have written, the more you have to choose from.
Got a List of Names Made?
Great! Now it’s time to narrow it down. Here are some ways to weed out the good from the great:
Make a list of local competitors’ names and avoid any names that are similar.
Check the business name with your state’s Division of Corporations to see if anyone has already incorporated the same name.
Check for web domain availability at Whois.com.
Can the average person pronounce and spell the business name without problems?
Using the tips above, cross out names on your list and narrow it down to the ones that would really be good for the business.
Deciding on a Spa Name
Get Help from Family & Friends
If you are having a tough time deciding between names, don’t be afraid to ask the opinions of others such as family and friends. The opinion of others is important as these are the consumers, the people who use such services.
Having a “naming party” or discussing it with a few people over dinner are great ways to get everyone’s opinions. If you are stuck between just a couple of names, take a vote! Or else, just sleep on it; you would be surprised at the ideas that will come to you when you drift away.
Here are some other ideas for picking a name:
Flipping a coin: If you are stuck between two really awesome names and would be happy with either one, flip a coin on it!
- Use a logo: If you’re the visual type and already have a logo in mind, put it on some paper with a few different names to see what looks best to you!
And, if for some reason you don't think starting a spa is for you but want more ideas, check out this article for more small town business ideas. Good luck! Check out the video below for some other professional advice on naming your business.